Vaccine clinics, boosters, testing and gatherings
As we continue our efforts to combat COVID-19, there are a number of opportunities available to continue keeping our community safe and healthy.
Mitigating risk in our everyday lives through masking, social distancing and keeping our gatherings small when possible helps us all fight the spread of COVID-19.
Testing on campus
All on-campus testing for individuals who are not vaccinated and individuals identified as close contacts of a positive COVID case take place in AUC 133. It is a walk-in only, no appointment necessary testing location.
If you have illness symptoms and are a student, please call the Health Center for assistance. Health Center testing for students with illness symptoms is by appointment only. Faculty and staff should contact their health care provider.
Walk-in Testing Availability* (Fall 2021)
- Mondays from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in AUC 133
- Tuesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in AUC 133
- Thursdays from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. in AUC 133
- Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in AUC 133
*Testing Center hours will be updated as needed to respond to any changes in public-health guidance. Testing Center will be closed November 25 and 26.
Health Department Vaccine Clinics at PLU
The Tacoma Pierce County Health Department will be running COVID-19 Vaccine clinics on the PLU campus starting Monday, Nov. 29. The clinics are open to the public.
Clinic Schedule: Through Dec. 23
- Mondays | 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. | Garfield Station
- Wednesdays | 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. | Columbia Center
- Thursdays* | 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. | Garfield Station
- Saturdays | 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. | Columbia Center
No clinics Dec. 24 – Jan. 4
Clinic Schedule: January 5 – 29
- Wednesdays | 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Columbia Center
- Saturdays | 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Columbia Center
The Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines will be available for 1st shots, 2nd shots and boosters.
The clinics are walk-in only, no pre-registration required, except for children ages 5-11 years old for the Pfizer vaccine.
COVID-19 Booster Information
The CDC is recommending that the following people receive a COVID-19 vaccine booster:
- People who received a primary mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series and are 65 years and older, 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions, or 18 years and older who live in long-term care settings should receive a booster shot at least 6 months after completing the primary series (which may include an additional primary dose in persons with moderate to severe immunocompromise).
- People who received a primary mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series and are 18-49 years old with underlying medical conditions, or 18 years and older who work or live in high-risk settings may receive a booster shot at least 6 months after completing the primary series (which may include an additional primary dose in persons with moderate to severe immunocompromise).
- People who received the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine and are 18 years and older should receive a booster shot at least 2 months after receiving their primary vaccine dose.
PLU employees also qualify to receive a booster based on working in education. Contact your medical provider to make an appointment.
PLU is not requiring people to get the booster at this time.
We all are looking forward to being able to celebrate together as we approach the holidays and end-of-the year. It’s our responsibility to keep each other safe by wearing a mask and maintaining a safe distance when possible indoors. These measures are some of our best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
While hosting or attending events and gatherings we strongly urge you to wear masks and consider whether you have adequate space and ventilation for the number of people present to be safe. Larger groups are simply riskier. You may want to reconsider and choose to safely gather in a small group instead.
VP & Chief Operating Officer
COVID-19 Site Supervisor
Associate Director of Emergency Programs
COVID-19 Task Force Coordinator
Director of Athletics and Recreation
Dean of Social Sciences
Professor of Psychology
Director of Web Development & Design