- Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2008
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, Boston College, 2000
- Ph.D., Strategic Management, University of Massachusetts, 1997
- M.B.A., Univeristy of Notre Dame, 1990
- B.Com., Commerce, University of Bombay, India, 1987
- International conference on Clinical and Counseling Psychology, Integrating counseling, health and Wellness services in an Arab context: Strategies, challenges and rewards. Poster presentation., Osaka, Japan (October 2017)
- NASPA MENASA, Counseling students in UAE: Challenges of developing successful counseling services. Roundtable presentation., NYU Abu Dhabi (April, 2017)
- International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Psychology Doctoral Students: Assessing Qualitative Research Attitudes and Experiences. Paper presentation., Urbana- Champaign, IL (May 2014)
- International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Qualitative Researchers: Assessing Attitudes and Experiences with Reviewers. Roundtable presentation., Urbana-Champaign, IL (May 2013)
- Great Lakes Regional Counseling Psychology Conference, Research Revealed: Engaging with Communities through Qualitative Methodologies, Critical Inquiry and Action Research. Roundtable presentation., Kalamazoo, MI (April 2013)
- International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Acculturation of Qualitative Research. Paper presentation., Urbana-Champaign, IL (May 2012)
- International Congress of Psychology, Facilitating working alliance: Does gender matching make a difference? Poster presentation., Cape Town, South Africa (July 2012)
- International Congress of Psychology, Qualitative Research in Counseling Psychology: Acculturative Trends? Poster presentation., Cape Town, South Africa (July 2012)
- American Psychological Association Annual Meeting, Assessing qualitative research attitudes and experiences of counseling psychology doctoral students. Poster presentation., Orlando, FL (August 2012)
- American Psychological Association Annual Meeting, Impact of Gender matching on the therapeutic relationship: A stage analysis. Poster presentation., Washington, DC (August 2011)
- Great Lakes Regional Counseling Psychology Conference, Spiritual competence in counseling: Models of spiritual development and implications for graduate training and supervision. Roundtable presentation., Bloomington, IN (April 2011)
- Great Lakes Regional Counseling Psychology Conference, Exploring Spirituality in Therapy from Multi-Theoretical Perspectives. Roundtable presentation., Akron, OH (April 2010)
- Great Lakes Regional Counseling Psychology Conference, Social Justice in Praxis: Working with Marginalized Communities. Roundtable presentation., Akron, OH (April 2010)
- AlDarmaki, F., & Bhati, K.S.. "Zayed University Student Counseling Center: A brief report.." APA International Section Newsletter Winter 2016: 9-12.
- Bhati, K. S.. "Effect of Client-Therapist Gender match on the Therapeutic Relationship: An exploratory analysis.." Psychological Reports. Vol. 115(2), 2014: 565-583.
- Bhati, K. S., Hoyt, W. T. & Huffman, K. L.. "Integration or Assimilation? Qualitative Research in Psychology.." Qualitative Research in Psychology. Vol. 11(1), 2013: 98-114.
- Hoyt, W. T., & Bhati, K. S.. "Principles and Practices: An empirical examination of Qualitative Research in the Journal of Counseling Psychology.." Journal of Counseling Psychology. Vol. 54(2), 2007: 201-210.
- 2012 - Grant: Improving Group Therapy training: Benefits of utilizing videos. Friends of the University Library Grant, University of Akron.
- 2002 - 2006 Spencer Fellowship – Nationally awarded by the Spencer foundation. Full funding.
- 2002 - 2007 Wisconsin-Spencer Doctoral Research Program
- APA - American Psychological Association
- SAPNA - South Asian Psychological Networking Association
- AMHCA - American Mental Health Counselors Association
- Additional Language Competencies: Urdu/Hindi