PLU Campus Restaurants precautionary measures due to novel coronavirus
Precautionary Changes in The Commons
- To make social distancing easier, customers will place orders through the GET app and pick up in The Commons
- You will receive your meal in to-go packaging with plastic service ware.
- We are eliminating all self-service in The Commons, and are having staff members serve some items.
- Where it’s impractical to have a staff member serving an item, some items may be temporarily removed or stations closed.
- Guests with special dietary needs may always ask to speak with one of our Operations Managers to help with any food items they would like to see.
- We’ve suspended the use of reusable mugs and ask that you only use to-go containers. Personal water bottles may be refilled at the drinking fountain in the AUC or the spigot by the condiment station.
- Under Phase 2: Dining establishments must meet requirements to allow at least 6 feet of distance between customers, reduce seating capacity to 50% and allow no more than 5 guests at a single table.
Service in Retail Outlets
- OMM guests may scan their own items at the register.
— We’ve upped the limit to $100 or more to have a customer sign their receipt
- We’ve suspended the use of reusable mugs.
- Individually wrapped straws will be provided.
- Lute Café and Kelley Café will be mobile ordering only through the GET app in Fall.
- Old Main Market will have menu items on the GET app for quick pick-up.
At the same time, we’re emphasizing best hygiene practices:
- Social distancing markers on the floor.
- Directional signage.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers available.
- Consistent signage for hand washing and coughing/sneezing hygiene.
- Reinforcing vigorous cleaning and sanitizing of surfaces throughout the restaurants.
- Reinforcing our strict operating procedures including our long-standing policy of not letting employees work while sick — all employees completing the daily Attestation self-assessment.