How do I declare an economics major or minor?

You may ask any economics faculty member to help you complete the Academic Program Contract in order to declare a major or minor. You will choose a faculty member as an advisor if you are choosing to major in Economics.

Can I double major in Economics and something else?

We have many double majors in our department. Our general major requires only 44 credits which makes double-majoring very feasible.

When are particular courses offered?

Due to faculty sabbaticals and administrative duties, certain courses are less frequent. Consult with your advisor to make sure you take the courses that you need as they are offered.

When do I need to take calculus?

Students must take MATH 151 or MATH 128 prior to taking ECON 301 or ECON 302. Talk with your advisor to make sure you can meet this mathematics pre-requisite prior to taking these courses.