The education department offers a variety of programs leading to teacher or administrator certification as well as a variety of programs and professional development offerings for already certified individuals.
Teacher Certification Programs
- Undergraduate Programs: Elementary Certification with endorsements in Special Education, Early Childhood Special Education, Reading and/or English Language learners. World (foreign) Languages and secondary endorsements are also available. Health/Fitness and Music endorsements are also available from the Kinesiology and Music departments.
- Master’s with Certification (Elementary and Secondary)
- Alternative Routes to Certification with Master’s Degree (Secondary and Special Education or ELL) for individuals with work experience in high needs fields or prior school experience.
Outreach Education Program
This major is for candidates interested in educational jobs outside the traditional school classroom setting such as museums, environmental groups, community performances, outreach, and cultural organizations. Majority of coursework is taken with certification candidates with specific field experiences in settings such as those listed above.
Administrator Certification Programs
- Master’s Degree with Administrator Certification
- Administrator Certification Only (must already have a master’s degree)
Programs for Certified Teachers or Administrators
These programs are primarily offered through our office of Partnerships and Professional Development.
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Development and Leadership
- Add-On Endorsements
- Online Continuing Education/Clock Hours
- ProTEACH Support
- Administrator ProCert
- NBPTS Support Program
- AP Summer Institutes