Master of Arts in Education, Instructional Leadership for Teachers
Thank you for your interest in the Master of Arts in Education in Instructional Leadership at PLU!
Admission into the School of Education and Kinesiology Graduate programs are done on a rolling basis. We have three priority deadlines that we encourage students to use:
- November 20, 2013
- January 15, 2014 *Last priority deadline for scholarships and fellowships*
- March 7, 2014
We will continue to accept application through May 15th, however we will give priority to applications received by the deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- A minimum of three years teaching experience (must be currently teaching)
- Washington State Professional Certificate and Final Portfolio
- Graduate application and $40.00 application fee: Online
- Résumé: Submit a résumé that includes your employment history; significant academic, professional, and community achievements; honors and awards.
- Application Essay: Submit a written essay identifying and discussing three values that will guide your educational practice. It should be between 500 and 750 words in length on a separate piece of paper. Please reference your name on each page.
- Two Recommendations – One academic/professional reference and one that speaks to your work with young people.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, sent directly from the school attended. Degrees attained from foreign institutions must be translated into English and also evaluated for US equivalency by a PLU approved evaluation service. Please have transcripts sent to:
Pacific Lutheran University
Office of Admission–Graduate Programs
Tacoma, WA 98447-0003
- Complete an interview.
- International Students only:
For more information about the Master of Arts in Education in Instructional Leadership, click here.
If you are unable to download and print any forms, or have any questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Admission, Graduate Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-535-7151.