Learning Outcomes and Course Objectives
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• Align your instruction with the goals of the AP course.
• Identify the skills and knowledge that the exam will assess and identify the tasks and materials for which students might need more preparation.
• Draft a syllabus that meets the curricular requirements for the course.
• Make equitable access a guiding principle in designing instruction.
Understanding the course
- Equity and Access
- The AP mindset
- Using the unit guides, themes and historical reasoning skills
Unit planning for 1200-1450 CE
Test Strategies: Multiple Choice (MCQs)
Using student notetaking to improve test performance
Test Strategies: Short Answer Questions (SAQs)
Unit planning for 1450-1750 CE
Primary Source Analysis
Test strategies: How to teach the DBQ
Scoring the DBQ
Unit planning for 1750-1900 CE
Test strategies: How to teach the LEQ
Scoring the LEQ
College Board online resources
- Personal Progress Checks
- Test Bank
Syllabus creation and AP Audit process
Unit planning for 1900-present