Continuity of Operations Planning
Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) includes the activities of individual departments and their sub-compartments to ensure that their essential functions are performed during a disaster, which could result in the loss of one or more of the following: work or teaching facility, power, water, electricity, communications, personnel, or other resources.
It includes plans and procedures to ensure that essential functions are performed. Plans and procedures should be trained and tested to ensure a viable COOP capability. Schedule a COOP planning workshop for your office. Call Emergency Programs at PLU extension 7233.
* Review staffing plan instructions
* Identify essential functions.
* Identify essential personnel to carry out those functions.
* Identify resource needs and dependencies.
* What facilities are available to carry out the work?
* What communications are available?
3. Maintain the plan.
4. Remember personnel and family emergency preparedness as it relates to the personnel who are available to carry out the essential function.