- Ph.D., Critical and Cultural Studies, University of Pittsburgh, 2015
- M.A., English, University of Pittsburgh, 2012
- B.A., English Literature, University of Maryland, College Park, 2008
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Postcolonial Studies
- South Asian English literature
- Disaster Studies
- The Novel
- "Negotiating Solidarity: Indra Sinha’s Animal’s People and the ‘NGO-ization’ of Postcolonial Narrative." Comparative American Studies Vol. 12.1-2, 2014: 101-13.
- "A Different Way of Seeing’: An Interview with Minoli Salgado." A Review of International English Literature Vol. 47.4, 2016: 163-173.
- "Disaster Cosmopolitanisms: The Politics of Comparison in Kamila Shamsie’s Burnt Shadows." Negative Cosmopolitanism Forthcoming: