- Ph.D., Religion, Claremont Graduate University, Claremont, CA, 2015
- M.A., History, Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley, CA, 2005
- B.A., American Studies, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 1999
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Religion and Ecology
- Comparative Muslim, Buddhist, and Christian Environmental Ethics
- Sustainable Agriculture, Food, and Religion
- Valuing Lives, Healing Earth: Religion, Gender, and Life on Earth
- “Re-territorializing Religiosity in Wholesome Muslim Praxis,” Religions, 22 (July 2017)
- "All God’s Creatures Are Communities Like You (Qur’an 6:38): Precedents for Eco-halal Meat in Muslim Traditions." That All May Flourish: Comparative Religious Environmental Ethics 2018: 91-116.
- "Refreshing the Concept of Halal Meat: Resistance and Religiosity in Chicago’s Taqwa Eco-food Cooperative." Religion, Food, and Eating in North America 2014: 274-293.
Dr. Robinson is on the steering committee for the Religion and Food Unit at the American Academy of Religion, and served as chair of the Ecology and Religion Unit of the Western Regional American Academy of Religion. She specializes in environment, food, and religious studies, highlighting comparative religious environmental ethics for Muslims, Christians, and Buddhists, with a particular research focus on sustainable agriculture and climate concerns in diverse religious contexts. Her dissertation was a study of how three religious communities, one Buddhist, one Christian, and one Muslim, sought to address environmental degradation, economic inequality, and stability of food supplies through their practice and support of sustainable agricultural practices.
Before coming PLU, she was Adjunct Lecturer in the Religious Studies, Women’s and Gender Studies, and Environmental Studies and Sciences Departments at Santa Clara University. There, she taught Experiential Learning for Social Justice and Religious Studies, particularly religion and ecology, Buddhism, comparative religion, and service learning, while also serving as a Sustainability Guide, Sustainability Liaison, and Sustainability Pathway course designer.