Help is available.
Many have found PLU’s Advocacy Services to be a good starting point for getting the help they need. Advocates are highly trained and confidential.
PLU’s Advocates provide individuals with options and resources so they can make informed decisions about their situation. They offer a safe, private setting to talk with individuals who have questions or concerns about sexual assault, intimate partner violence, or stalking.
Dawn Cuthbertson, MSW, LSWAIC : M-F, 8:00am-4:00pm
Amparo Medina-Perrez, MSW: Mon, Wed, Thur and Fri, 5:00pm-9:00pm
Advocacy Student Intern
A PLU Victim Advocate can help you:
- Understand your rights
- Explore your options
- Develop a plan to help you consider your safety
- Connect with campus and community resources
- Report an incident to campus safety and/or law enforcement, if you choose
- Get the legal help you need
- Obtain a Protection Order using the kiosk on campus
- Feel understood and believed
Other Campus Resources
Health Center * 253-535-7337
Counseling Center * 253-535-7206
Campus Safety 253-535-7441
Campus Ministry * 253-535-7464
Residential Life 253-535-7200
Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities 253-535-7195
Learn more about these resources in the “PLU Victim Services Brochure”
* Confidential resource