How to Create a Safe Community
There are many things you can do to promote a safe, violence free campus, such as…
- Arrange for a SAPET presentation for your workplace or classroom.
- Let the young people in your life know early that violence in a relationship is never acceptable.
- Hold abusers accountable. Don’t blame the person who is being abused.
- Stand up against sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking in your community and professional environment. Challenge other’s sexist beliefs and abusive attitudes.
- Volunteer with or donate to a local agency like the YWCA or Sexual Assault Center of Pierce County.
- Participate in Domestic Violence Awareness Month events in October or Sexual Assault Awareness Month events in April.