Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find supportive spaces and groups on campus?

There are many resources available for students on campus.



Where are the gender neutral/inclusive restrooms and showers located on campus?

The All-Gender Restroom Map contains the locations of all gender inclusive restrooms and showers, as well as lactation rooms, on campus.

What medical services are available at PLU?

Medical Services provided by the PLU Health Center include gender-affirming care for acute illness, minor injuries, contraception, management of side effects from hormone therapy, sports physicals and travel medicine consultation. Many routine immunizations are available for a fee. Influenza vaccine is available at no charge. STI screening, condoms and dental dams are offered at no charge to students. The PLU Health Center has on site lab for lab orders placed by any provider, regardless of whether they are a PLU or off-site clinician . In addition, PLU Health Center can help with referral, education and resources for hormone therapy and/or surgical consultation. – Kim Riano,

What can I do if there is someone on campus who is unwilling to use my personal gender pronouns?

If a student is experiencing concerns related to non-cooperation, disrespect, or bias, there are resources available to students. The Bias Incident Response Team (BIRT), is a resource for students wishing to report, but do not want to go through formal SRR processes. Information on BIRT can be found at All PLU community members are encouraged to submit a BIRT report, should an incident arise.

Students are also encouraged to connect with the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (SRR) for this matter, or any other matters of concern. SRR will work with impacted students to discuss an appropriate course of action which could include educational conversations, mediations, or conduct processes. For further information on the SRR processes available, please see Students are also encouraged to make a report of alleged bias or non-cooperation through the Online Incident Report. Any questions concerning the above options should be directed to SRR at

What name will be read at the Commencement Ceremony?


How do I update my name and gender at PLU?

Office of the Registrar

What sort of LGBTQ academic resources does PLU have?

The PLU Library’s collection supports the academic curriculum and primarily provides access to materials intended to support student coursework and research, including research on LGBTQ topics. A representative selection of library resources with relevant content can be found on the Women’s and Gender Studies research guide. Research assistance is also available.