Jennifer Smith, Ph.D.
- Women's and Gender Studies Faculty
- International Honors Faculty
- Member: Title IX Working Group
- Ph.D., English, Western Michigan University, 2006
- M.A., English, Miami University, 2001
- B.A., English, Franklin College, 1998
I’m thrilled to be with PLU’s Center for Gender Equity. I’ve taught in the English Department and various interdisciplinary programs, including the Women’s & Gender Studies Program, for several years and am happy to continue promoting gender equity and social justice on campus in my current role as Gender Equity’s Center Director. My academic interests include queer theory, transgender studies, feminist theory and British literature, and I will continue to teach courses at PLU. Feel free to stop by the Center for Gender Equity and learn how you can take part in the great work we do here!
Gender pronouns: She/Her