Services for Alumni, Visitors, Consortium Members, and University Affiliates
The PLU library welcomes visitors from the general public, from the NAPCU and PSAIL academic consortia, and from university affiliates. University affiliates include:
- Lutheran clergy
- visiting scholars
- guests of the university
- Mount Rainier Lutheran High School students and faculty
- Q-club members
- dependents of PLU students, faculty, administrators, and staff
- nursing preceptors
- students enrolled in special academic enrichment programs.
Consortia students and faculty may check out materials from the PLU library using their own student IDs; borrowing privileges are available to Friends of the PLU Library for a $100 yearly membership fee.
- library computers
- online database and journal access (on campus only)
- printing and copying
- place holds (up to 3) on items currently checked out or in process
- wireless Internet access
Off campus access, study rooms, and Interlibrary Loan are not available to alumni and all visitors.
|Item Type||Borrowing Period||Number of Renewals|
|Books||28 days (max: 15)||One, for 2 weeks|
|Bound journals||7 days (max: 15)||None|
|DVDs and videos||Not available||None|
|Juvenile/curriculum materials||28 days (max: 15)||One, for 2 weeks|
The fine for overdue items is $0.25 per item, per day.
Retirees have the borrowing privileges noted above, with these exceptions: no limit on the number of items that can be borrowed at one time, no fines for overdue items, and the ability to check out CDs for 7 days without renewals and DVDs/videos for 3 days with no renewals.
If you are a student at one of the following institutions, you may borrow materials from the PLU library, free of charge:
Puget Sound Area Independent Libraries (PSAIL):
- Northwest University
- Saint Martin’s University
- Seattle Pacific University
- Seattle University
- University of Puget Sound