Application Timeline Summer 2022
The Master of Science in Kinesiology admits new students once a year to start in Summer term. Admission decisions will be made anytime prior to the final deadline. However, to enhance your potential for admission and make yourself eligible for financial aid, we recommend you submit the application by the following application priority dates:
- Priority Deadline: November 15
- Final Deadline: May 9, 8:59pm Pacific Time (application will close at 9:00pm Pacific Time)
Applications submitted after the application priority dates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Follow the steps below to submit your application. If you have questions, contact the Admission Application Counselor.
Application portal for Fall 2022 will open on September 9, 2021.
- Create your application portal account (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox)
- Select and add the program Master of Science in Kinesiology
- Complete all required application questions.
(Visit the GradCAS Applicant Help Center for questions about the application portal)
- Identify two references on your application. Academic recommendations are encouraged.
- Your references will receive an email invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions for completing the reference electronically.
- If your recommenders need assistance, please visit the Letters by Liaison Help Center.
Upload resume via the application portal that includes your:
- Employment history
- Significant academic, professional and community achievements
- Honors and awards
- Upload personal statement via the application portal.
- The statement should not exceed five double spaced pages. You should address the following questions:
- What significant life (and career, if applicable) experiences have most influenced your desire to pursue a Master of Science in Kinesiology at this time?
- What are your professional career goals after completing your degree?
- What do you consider to be the greatest challenges you may face during your education in the Master of Science in Kinesiology program, and what remedies will you engage in to address these challenges?
- What do you perceive as the greatest opportunities and the greatest concerns facing the field of Kinesiology?
- Pay the nonrefundable $55 application fee (waived for PLU current students with a major or minor from the Department of Kinesiology).
- Application fee will be waived for all other applicants who submit the application by March 31, 2022. (This is an one-time offer only for Summer 2022 admission, don’t miss the opportunity!)
(Note: If you need to submit additional documents after submitting the online application, you can email them to email@example.com)
- Official transcripts must be sent to GradCAS from all US and English-Speaking Canadian institutions you listed in the College Attended section of your application.
- Official international and French Canadian transcripts must be sent to PLU Graduate Admission Office.
- PLU graduates do not need to submit PLU transcripts.
- See GradCAS instructions for sending official transcripts.
Sending Transcripts Electronically
- GradCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer either of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail. GradCAS cannot accept transcripts sent via email.
- When selecting the recipient, choose Educational organization, and then select GradCAS.
- Include your full GradCAS ID number when entering the GradCAS mailing address.
- See GradCAS instructions for sending electronic transcripts
Sending Transcripts by Mail
Download and print the Transcript Request Form under each school you listed in the College Attended section of your application. Send the Transcript Request Form to your school.
Your registrar should mail your paper transcript to the following address:
GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9217
Watertown, MA 02471
In addition to the documents listed in the above sections, international applicants also submit the following materials:
- Credential Evaluation – If you attended a school or earned your degree outside of the United States, you are required to submit your coursework to World Education Services (WES) for a course-by-course US equivalency report. This report should then be sent directly to GradCAS from WES along with the official transcripts sent by the schools. Visit World Education Services (WES) website to follow its instructions and arrange for your documents to be delivered to WES. We recommend the ICAP package when you select services on the WES website.
- English translation is also required if the documents are in a language other than English. The translation must be provided by a university, government official, organization, or a certified translation service, example: American Translators Association.
- Proof of English proficiency
- IELTS or TOEFL Minimum TOEFL-iBT score of 80 or minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- TOFEL scores must be mailed to PLU directly from the testing institution. The institution code for PLU is 4597.
- We can accept a copy of an IELTS score report as we can verify with the testing agency.
In order to be sent a form I-20, admitted international students must:
- Pay the enrollment deposit
- Submit a Passport picture page
- Submit the Declaration of Finance form and Proof of financial support dated within 12 months.