HOW TO APPLY
The Master of Science in Kinesiology admits new students once a year to start in Summer term.
Priority Application Date #1: February 15
Priority Application Date #2: March 15
After the priority deadlines, applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Follow the steps below to submit your application. If you have questions, contact the Graduate Application Specialist.
- Create your application portal account (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox)
- Select the following items to start
- Term – Select the term you plan to start
- Institution – Type Pacific Lutheran University in the Search field or use the Filters to search
- Program – Select and add the program Master of Science in Kinesiology
- Complete all required application questions.
(Visit the GradCAS Applicant Help Center for questions about the application portal)
- Identify two references on your application. Academic recommendations are encouraged.
- Your references will receive an email invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions for completing the reference electronically.
- If your recommenders need assistance, please visit the Letters by Liaison Help Center.
Upload resume via the application portal that includes your:
- Employment history
- Significant academic, professional and community achievements
- Honors and awards
- Upload personal statement via the application portal.
- The statement should not exceed five double spaced pages. You should address the following questions:
- What significant life (and career, if applicable) experiences have most influenced your desire to pursue a Master of Science in Kinesiology at this time?
- What are your professional career goals after completing your degree?
- What do you consider to be the greatest challenges you may face during your education in the Master of Science in Kinesiology program, and what remedies will you engage in to address these challenges?
- What do you perceive as the greatest opportunities and the greatest concerns facing the field of Kinesiology?
- Pay the nonrefundable $55 application fee (waived for PLU current students with a major or minor from the Department of Kinesiology).
(Note: If you need to submit additional documents after submitting the online application, you can email them to email@example.com)
- Official transcripts must be sent to GradCAS from all US and English-Speaking Canadian institutions you listed in the College Attended section of your application.
- Official international and French Canadian transcripts must be sent to PLU Graduate Admission Office.
- PLU graduates do not need to submit PLU transcripts.
- See GradCAS instructions for sending official transcripts.
Sending Transcripts Electronically
- GradCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer either of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail. GradCAS cannot accept transcripts sent via email.
- When selecting the recipient, choose Educational organization, and then select GradCAS.
- Include your full GradCAS ID number when entering the GradCAS mailing address.
- See GradCAS instructions for sending electronic transcripts
Sending Transcripts by Mail
Download and print the Transcript Request Form under each school you listed in the College Attended section of your application. Send the Transcript Request Form to your school.
Your registrar should mail your paper transcript to the following address:
GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9217
Watertown, MA 02471
In addition to the documents listed in the above sections, international applicants also submit the following materials:
- International transcripts Evaluation – Transcripts from institutions outside the US must be evaluated by one of the following two agencies for course-by-course conversion and an overall GPA calculation. Evaluation report along with the certified copy of your transcripts must be mailed directly to GradCAS by the evaluation agency.
- English translation is also required if the documents are in a language other than English. Translation must be provided by recognized translation services.
- Proof of English proficiency
- IELTS or TOEFL Minimum TOEFL-iBT score of 80 or minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- TOFEL scores must be mailed to PLU directly from the testing institution. The institution code for PLU is 4597.
- We can accept a copy of an IELTS score report as we can verify with the testing agency.
In order to be sent a form I-20, admitted international students must:
- Pay the enrollment deposit
- Submit a Passport picture page
- Submit the Declaration of Finance form and Proof of financial support dated within 12 months.
If you or your recommenders have any questions or technical problems with the online application portal and recommendation process, status, navigation, missing credentials, etc., please visit the GradCAS Applicant Help Center, or contact GradCAS Customer Service at: (857) 304-2042 or firstname.lastname@example.org