- Master of Arts, Education, Antioch University
- B.S., Applied Mathematics, Washington State University
- Live Virtual Webinar Event, No Adjunct Left Behind: Addressing the Challenges of a Part-Time Instructor, Online (2017)
- Sales Presentation Support, State Fair Community Collge, ALEKS: Solutions → > Student Success, Sedalia, MO (2017)
- Educational Technology Forum, Oregon State University, ALEKS: Solutions → > Student Success, Corvallis, OR (2016)
Natalie Simmons will be a Visiting Math Professor at PLU for this fall semester. She is also an Adjunct Math Instructor currently teaching at South Seattle College and Green River College in the Puget Sound region in Washington State. She has been teaching at SSC for 19 years and at GRC for the last 4 years. She is married to a wonderful man, Stephen, and is the mother of three beautiful daughters. She also serves as the Part-Time Faculty President for AFT Seattle, Local 1789 and is nearing the end of her second term in that role.
Natalie has been a resident of the Pacific Northwest for the majority of her life and thoroughly enjoys the natural beauty that surrounds us on a daily basis. Natalie has a passion for math and works to empower students to find their strengths within their own inherent math abilities and builds upon these to help students become confident problem solvers who enjoy math.