Military Affiliated New Student Orientation (NSO) Luncheon Followed by NSO Briefing (See the New Student Orientation Schedule)
- Who: All New Military Affiliated Students
- What: New Student Orientation Luncheon
- When: Saturday Sept 7th 2019 12pm (1200hrs) Noon
- Where: Anderson University room 133
- Why: To learn about important upcoming events and connect with support resources.
- What Else: To meet and greet and enjoy a meal together on us!
- What Else Else: From 1-3 pm will be NSO information Briefing.
Student Veteran Leadership Academy
- Who: All new or relatively new Veteran Students
- What: Student Veterans Leadership Academy (SVLA)
- When: 17 Sep through 27 November 8-9:20 am Tuesday or Wednesday (whichever works best with your schedule)
- Where: Hauge Admin Room 204
- Why: (SVLA) Affirming students’ past military experiences, this 10 week course assists individual student’s successful navigation of the complex transition into Pacific Lutheran University and the civilian sector. This course is designed to identify and overcome unforeseen barriers in adjusting to college academic and social life.
- What Else: Sign up will be conducted during New Student Orientation.
PLU Student Veterans Association (SVA)
- Who: All Military, and non Military Affiliated Student welcomed.
- What: SVA is your PLU Student Veteran Organization
- When: Monthly meeting to be announced
- Where: Kriedler Lounge
- Why: To support the needs of all military affiliated students and to inform non military students about the military experience.
- What Else: New Officers will need to be decided upon this September so if you want the resume bullet then get your elevator pitch written up and get ready to throw your hat in.