Master of Science in Finance
The MSF is a STEM-designated, innovative, cross-disciplinary degree that uniquely prepares graduates to excel in financial careers. The program is a 10-month, full-time, quantitatively rigorous program offered to new graduates as well as those with industry experience. A 20-month option is also available.
CFA Institute University Affiliation Program (UAP)
The Pacific Lutheran University Master of Science in Finance is an official CFA Institute University Affiliation Program Partner.
A unique aspect of the PLU MSF is its association with the CFA Institute and the opportunity to work toward the Chartered Financial Analyst designation while simultaneously earning your master’s degree. The CFA credential, with three levels of examinations, is considered by many to be the gold standard for professionalism and knowledge in the world of finance.
The fall semester covers much of the CFA Level I content, while the January term and spring semester prepare students for the Level II exam in June. While it can be of great benefit professionally, participation in the CFA exams is optional for students.
Those with or without industry experience are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have quantitative backgrounds, and are likely to have an undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, engineering, physics or another quantitative discipline. Interested students will be:
- Recent undergraduates hoping to embark on careers in finance with a skill set that differentiates them from their peers.
- Accounting majors fulfilling CPA credit hour requirements.
- Graduates in quantitatively rich disciplines (e.g., sciences and engineering) who want to prepare for careers in finance.
- Students interested in pursuing the CFA Charter.
- International students interested in studying in the U.S. while obtaining the MSF degree and preparing for the CFA Charter examination.
- Industry professionals wishing to pursue the MSF degree while intensively preparing for the CFA examinations.