How to apply using the Standard Application
The committee reviews completed applications and makes admissions decisions on a rolling basis. To help you prepare for the start of the program and make yourself eligible for scholarships, we recommend you submit your application before May 1st.
- Create your application portal account
- Enter your letter of recommendation details
- Pay the nonrefundable $55 application fee via the application portal
- Enter two references via the online application portal
- This will send an email notification to your references to follow a link and submit their letters of recommendation.
- References may be academic or professional.
- Have official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended sent to Graduate Programs (PLU graduates do not need to send their PLU transcripts).
- We accept and prefer electronic delivery of official transcripts. Send transcripts to email@example.com.
- If the college or university does not offer electronic delivery, please have them mail your transcript to:
Graduate Programs and Continuing Education
Pacific Lutheran University
12180 Park Avenue S.
Tacoma, WA 98447
- Students applying with degrees from institutions outside the U.S. must submit a course-by-course evaluation for U.S. degree equivalency by a PLU approved evaluation service. Two approved providers are:
GRE or GMAT scores:
Statement of Professional Goals and Quantitative Skills:
- Upload your statement via the application portal.
- If you would like to submit it later, please email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The statement should be 300-400 words, divided into 2 sections addressing the following:
- Your educational and professional goals
- Your quantitative training and/or skills that make you a good fit for this program.
Additional requirements for international students:
In addition to the above listed application requirements, international students must provide:
- Minimum TOEFL-iBT of 88 or minimum IELTS score of 6.5. TOEFL or IELTS may be waived for students who graduate from a regionally-accredited U.S. college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
- We can accept a copy of an IELTS score report, but TOEFL scores must be mailed to PLU directly from the testing institution.
- Passport picture page
In order to be sent a form I-20, admitted international students must:
- Pay the enrollment deposit
- Submit the Declaration of Finance form and proof of financial support