How to apply using the Standard Application
The committee reviews completed applications and makes admissions decisions on a rolling basis. To help you prepare for the start of the program and make yourself eligible for scholarships, we recommend you submit your application before May 1st.
- Create your application portal account (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox)
- Select the following items to start
- Term – The term when you plan to begin the program
- Institution – Pacific Lutheran University
- Program – Master of Science in Finance (with your desired term)
- Complete all required application questions.
Provide two references.
- References may be academic or professional.
- Upload your resume via the application portal that includes your:
- Employment history
- Significant academic, professional and community achievements
- Honors and awards
- Upload your statement via the application portal.
- The statement should be 300-400 words, divided into 2 sections addressing the following:
- Your educational and professional goals
- Your quantitative training and/or skills that make you a good fit for this program.
Pay the nonrefundable $48 application processing fee.
(Note: If you need to submit additional documents after submitting the online application, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Official transcripts are required to be mailed directly to BusinessCAS by the issuing institution’s registrar’s office at the address below:
BusinessCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9221
Watertown, MA 02471
- Have the registrar include the Transcript Request Form which you can download in the Academic History section on your application.
- PLU graduates do not need to send their PLU transcripts.
- Electronic transcripts are only accepted from Credentials Solutions and Parchment. If your school does not offer either of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail.
Additional requirements for international students:
In addition to the above listed application requirements, international students must provide:
- Degree certificate – For completed study, upload a clear and legible copy of your degree certificate via the application portal. Do not send your original document.
- English translation is required if your documents are not issued in English, precise and word-for-word translations are required. Your documents can be translated by your institution, a certified translation agency such as University Language Services, or any other professional translation service. Upload a clear and legible copy of your translations via the online application portal.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Minimum TOEFL-iBT of 88 or minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- TOEFL or IELTS may be waived for students who graduate from a regionally-accredited U.S. college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
- TOEFL scores must be mailed to PLU directly from the testing institution.
- We can accept a copy of an IELTS score report as we can verify with the testing agency.
In order to be sent a form I-20, admitted international students must:
- Pay the enrollment deposit (if admitted)
- Submit a Passport picture page
- Submit the Declaration of Finance form and Proof of financial support dated within 12 months. English translation is required if the documents are not issued in English.