Rieke Art Contest
For the second year in a row, the Division of Natural Sciences invites you to participate in a contest for Rieke Weekie! This year, we’re looking for visual artwork representing your time in the sciences at PLU. Subject matter is up to you, but the art should represent a PLU science-related experience (including experiences off-campus, like Study Away).
There are 5 categories in which you can enter artwork: Biology, Chemistry, Geosciences, Physics, and general Natural Sciences. The PLU community (students, faculty, staff, alums) will select the winners, and the top three pieces of art in each category will be featured online on the Natural Sciences divisional and departmental websites, as well as social media channels. The first place artists will also receive a prize.
Artwork should be photographed and submitted via the button below. Because we’re maintaining social distancing protocols this fall, this event will be entirely virtual – from submissions to the celebration revealing the winners, we’ll do it all online!
- Submissions are accepted October 12th – November 12th
- Voting runs November 13th – 19th
- Winners are announced on November 20th
- You don’t have to be a Natural Sciences major to enter, but you must be an enrolled PLU student who has taken (or is currently taking) a Natural Sciences class (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Sciences, Environmental Studies, Geosciences, Mathematics, Physics).
- Each student may only enter twice.
- Each artwork may only be entered in one category.
- Artwork can consist of any visual medium, including photographs, painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, video, or crafts.
- Any student can submit to any discipline. (For example: A Computer Science student can submit a photo in the Chemistry category.)
- Artwork must be photographed and submitted via online Google Form.
- 1st place in each category receives a $20 gift card to the Lute Locker
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category will be featured on the Natural Sciences divisional and departmental websites and on our social media
We look forward to seeing your artwork! If you have any questions, please contact Christine Nicolai, NatSci Admin Asst at email@example.com