Welcome to the PLU Nursing Alumni organization website!
The American Association of Nursing definition: “Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations”.
Ever since Florence Nightingale founded the profession, nurses have been taking novices under their wings and helping them learn to fly. The Nursing Alumni organization created in 1991 is committed:
- To mentoring PLU nursing students for their professional development and learning as a way to give back to the profession and the School of Nursing. Mentoring is a way of giving back to the profession, and the community while also receiving energy and fresh perspective from an emerging group entering this profession.
- To the fellowship of nursing students with nursing alumni while in school and beyond. We are committed to an ongoing, collaborative relationship.
- To the development of collaborative relationships of nursing alumni with their peers and colleagues.
- To recognize the professional excellence and achievement of PLU nursing alumni.
- To working with the School of Nursing to ensure its professional advancement and recognition through contributions of time and money.
Nursing Alumni Association Bylaws
Nursing Alumni Board Bios
+Nursing Alumni Board Meetings
May 21st – 9am – 11am – Nesvig Alumni Center
July 15th – 9am – 11am – Nesvig Alumni Center
September 16th – 9am – 11am – Nesvig Alumni Center
November 18th – 9am – 11am – Nesvig Alumni Center
+October 14th – Save the Date – Nursing Alumni Brunch at Homecoming and Family Weekend
+Delta Iota Chi is PLU’s chapter of the National Student Nurses Association (NSNA), a pre-professional organization which promotes and enhances student nursing in the United States. It is an organization of PLU student nurses who, in some way, want to give back to the school and community. Check out the Delta website to learn about upcoming events, read meeting minutes and to find out how you can get involved.
We Want To Share Your Accomplishments!
If you have received special recognition for something you have done, been published recently or have a special occasion you would like us to recognize please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can share your good news with other School of Nursing alumni.
60th anniversary commemorative coffee table books are still available!
- $60 plus tax (and shipping, if necessary)
- About 250 pages
- Glossy pages, full of color and black and white photographs
- Beautifully printed, with embossed spine and cover, and lush dust jacket
- Equal treatment of each decade
Contact the School of Nursing office, 253-535-7672, to purchase your copy today.