- Assistant Professor of Nursing
- DNP, Nursing, Marymount University
- MSN, Nursing, Pacific Lutheran University
- BSN, Nursing, Eastern Washington University
- AA, Spokane Falls Community College
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- DNP, FNP, ENP courses
- Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice nurse prescribers 5th ed. Chapters Organophosphate Poisoning (F.A. Davis 2019)
- Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice nurse prescribers 5th ed. Chapters Tobacco Cessation (F.A. Davis 2019)
- Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice nurse prescribers 5th ed. Chapters Sexually Transmitted Infections and Vaginitis (F.A. Davis 2019)
- Preceptor Education Panel, Moderator, Tacoma, WA (2022)
- Kids and Anxiety , Kids and Anxiety , Tacoma, WA (2021)
- Healthcare Precepting and Self-care for Preceptors, Providing Effective Feedback, Tacoma, WA (2021)
- Pharmacotherapeutic Update for Providers, Cannabis Conversations, Tacoma, WA (2021)
- PLU Cneter for Continued Learning, Tele-precepting, Tacoma, WA (2021)
- Pacific Northwest Healthcare Simulation Collaborative, Primary Care Procedures – Inexpensive/Innovative Ideas for Instruction, Seattle, WA (2020)
- Keeping Kids in the Classroom School Nursing Update, School Scene Drugs & Effects 2020, Tacoma, WA (2020)
- Keeping Kids in the Classroom School Nursing Update, Anxiety in Children, Tacoma, WA (2020)
- Sigma Psi-at-Large Fall Program, Clinical Decision Making, Des Moines, WA (2019)
- PLU Center for Continued Learning, Healthcare Precepting, Tacoma, WA (2019)
- Richardson, K., Schwinck, J., & Robinson, M.. "Organophosphate Poisoning." The Nurse Practitioner Vol. 46(7), 2021: 18-21.
- Richardson, K. "Post-Partum Headache." Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal Vol. 39(4), 2017: 253-265.
- Richardson, K. "Ebola Virus Disease." Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal Vol. 37(2), 2015: 102-115.
- Richardson, K. "Deaf Culture: Competencies and Best Practices ." The Nurse Practitioner. Vol. 39(5), 2014: 20-28.
- Richardson, K. & Claman, F.. "High-Fidelity Simulation in Nursing Education." Journal of Nursing Education Perspectives Vol. 35(2), 2014: 125-127.
- Academy of Wilderness Medicine Fellow (FAWM), Wilderness Medicine Society
- Elevating Academic Leaders in Nursing (ELAN) Fellow, American Association of the Colleges of Nursing
- Leader Mentor Fellow, National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty
- Member of the Month (Featured in November 2017 Connection), Emergency Nurse Association
- Meritorious Service Medal with 5 Oakleaf Clusters, US Army, Department of Defense
Dr. Kathleen Richardson is a dual board-certified Family and Emergency Nurse practitioner with over 25 years of healthcare experience in both the military and civilian settings. In addition to her role as Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and faculty member, she is extremely active in professional organizations, on the board of ARNP’s United, and maintains an active clinical practice.
APRN Practice & Nursing Education
Alternative & Traditional Chinese Medicine
Emergency & Wilderness Medicine
Wellness Made Easy
$2.8 million HRSA ANEW Grant 19-003 (4-year grant)
$1.4 million HRSA ANEW Grant 17- 067 (2-year grant)
$ 75,000 Hearst Foundation (one time grant)