- Ph.D., Physics and Astronomy, Ohio University, 2010
- M.S., Science Education, Bosphorus University, 2004
- B.S., Physics Education, Bosphorus University, 2004
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Fluorescence, Confocal, and Bright field Microscopy
- Raman Spectroscopy
- Protein extraction and purification
- L. Haleva, Celik, Y., M. Bar-Dolev, N. Pertaya-Braun, A. Kaner, P.L. Davies, I. Braslavsky,. "Microfluidic cold finger device for the investigation of ice-binding proteins,." Biophysical Journal Vol. 111, 2016: 1143-1150.
- Celik Y., R. Drori, N. Pertaya-Braun, M. Bar-Dolev, P. L. Davies, and I. Braslavsky,. "Recent experimental results show the irreversible binding of antifreeze proteins to ice surfaces,." Cryobiology and Cryotechnology Vol. 59(1), 2013: 15-21.
- Celik, Y., R. Drori, N. Pertaya-Braun, A. Altan, T. Bartyon, M. Bar-Dolev, A. Groisman, P.L. Davies, and I. Braslavsky,. "Microfluidic experiments reveal that antifreeze proteins bound to ice crystals suffice to prevent their growth,." PNAS Vol. 110(4), 2013: 1309-1314.
- Celik, Y., L.A. Graham, Y.F. Mok, M. Bar, P.L. Davies, and I. Braslavsky. "Superheating of ice crystals in antifreeze protein solutions." PNAS Vol. 107(12), 2010: 5423-5428.
I am a native of Turkey. I earned a master’s degree in science education and a bachelor’s degree in physics education from Bosphorus University in Istanbul. Following this, I completed a PhD in physics from Ohio University. After my PhD, I worked as a post- doctoral fellow for nearly two years. I had a chance to work at many different colleges as a physics instructor including, Lakeland Community College in Ohio, Marshall University in Huntington WV, Ithaca College in NY, Corning Community College in Corning NY, and Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, NY, Tacoma Community College, and University of Washington, Tacoma.