PLUTO OL/BL Program Fast Facts
- Participants are eligible for a $500 institute stipend + $1000 blended or $1500 online course development stipend.
- Summer institute meets 9:00-2:00 Fridays during summer term II.
- Winter institute meets 9:00-2:00 Mondays during j-term.
- Courses must be taught within one year of completing the institute.
- Blended courses may be taught any term; online courses must be taught during summer or j-term.
- Program enrollment is limited; if necessary, priority is given to tenure-line faculty and higher enrollment courses.
PLUTO OL/BL Program Curriculum
The PLUTO Online and Blended Learning Program is itself a blended learning experience. Our program includes:
- Online lessons and activities
- Four institute meetings
- Course development assignments
- Three cohort meetings
- Individual consultation meetings
- Course review and student feedback
Participants will be given access to a Sakai site that delivers online lessons and activities for the program. Online coursework and institute activities are organized around five themes:
- Unit 1: First Steps
- Unit 2: Setting-Up Your Course Site
- Unit 3: Developing Instructional Components
- Unit 4: Optimizing Communication & Engagement
- Unit 5: Final Steps
Participants also receive a copy of either Essentials for Blended Learning – A Standards Based Guide, 2014, by Jared Stein and Charles Graham or Essentials of Online Course Design: A Standards Based Guide, 2016, by by Marjorie Vai and Kristen Sosulski.