Club Sports Clearance Instructions for Returning Athletes
All returning athletes must call the Health Center 253-535-7337 and schedule a brief visit.
Please be aware that if you have any ongoing medical conditions, rehab, or unresolved injuries, further examination and/or written proof of clearance may be necessary. Some of these scenarios include, but are not limited to:
- Surgery during the last calendar year
- Consistent Physical Therapy in the past year
- Newly developed or diagnosed medical conditions
- Injury that occurred in the off season/summer that has not been evaluated by the Sports Medicine staff
- You have seen a medical provider outside of the PLU medical network (MD, DO, RNP, Chiropractor etc.)
Club Sports Waiver
Club Sports Waiver
1. Create an account on imleagues.com (if you do not have one already) using your plu.edu email address
2. Click the Club Sports tab
3. Click the sport you would like to join which will prompt you to sign & date the first waiver.
4. Once you’ve joined you will be prompted to complete the Pacific Lutheran University Club Sports Waiver.
All students will be required to take the online baseline concussion test. Once Coaches & Captains submit team rosters to Rob Thompson each athlete will receive an email from “support” and subject “You’ve Been Assigned an ImPACT test”. Tests must be completed before any official team activities.
Eligibility for practice/competition: You are eligible to practice if you are enrolled in a minimum full-time program (12 credits for undergraduates / 9 for graduate students) of studies leading to a baccalaureate or equivalent degree as defined by the regulations of your school. If at any point you drop below full time you are unable to practice/compete . All teams will be required to submit their roster verification form to Rob Thompson no later than 2 weeks of the start of your season.
You must be in good academic standings to participate. If you fall below a 2.0 you are not eligible to participate.
Earn a Credit Course for participation: FTWL250
After a student has completed in one full club sports season, they will be eligible to enroll in banner under FTWL 250 for a 1-credit course. Student-athletes may no longer use FTWL 250 to meet the activity course requirement. However, they may continue taking FTWL 250 for credit toward graduation.