The PLU Bike Co-op is a student-run, college-owned bike shop dedicated to promoting cycling on campus and teaching bicycle maintenance. It is open to all members of the Pacific Lutheran University community. During open hours students, faculty, or staff can stop by to have their bike fixed, learn how to repair it themselves, or rent a bike. Bike Co-op employees are available to answer questions, teach, and repair bicycles. We aim to provide the recreational opportunity for as many people at PLU to ride as possible, as well as providing safe bike riding as a viable alternative means of transportation from cars.
The Bike Co-op is located at the base of Harstad facing Red Square.
- Open bike workshop with tools, pumps, workbench and bike stands.
- The Bike Co-op will fix your bike for free (just pay for parts) or you can learn how!
- Bike rentals are available for a day, week, or semester to anyone in the PLU community.
- The Bike Co-op offers an 8-week bike maintenance workshop through IMLeagues, where Bike Co-op technicians will teach you almost every aspect of bike repairs!
- During September and October a Bike Co-op Technician or Outdoor Recreation Trip Leader will lead weekly bike rides around Parkland and the Tacoma area.
- The Bike Co-op can connect you with other cyclists if you’re looking for someone to ride with, be it Road, Mountain, or casual riding!
- The Bike Co-op also sells a variety of new and used parts to the public.
The Bike Co-op rents out Bicycles for a day, week or semester. All rentals require a $50 refundable deposit that can be kept at the Co-op for as long as you would like.
- Day: $1
- Week: $5
- Semester: $40
At this time the Bike Co-op can only accept cash.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Documents and Forms
Bike Co-op Hours
|10:00am- 12:00pm||1:00pm- 3:00pm||11:00am- 12:00pm||2:00pm- 5:00pm|
If none of these times work with you, shoot email@example.com an email to set up a more convenient meeting time