Department of Residential Life
Check Out - South and Kreidler
Students living in Kreidler and South Hall will use the Express Check-Out Procedure below to check-out or can request an appointment to check-out with a staff member. If you choose to check out with a staff member, please review our Traditional Hall Check Out procedures. By using the Express Check-out System, students waive the right to dispute any charges or fees.
Prior to Check Out
- Remove all personal belongings from the room.
- Return the beds to “Freshmen Formation.” (refer to diagrams posted by CAs for an example)
- Make sure all University issued furnishings are in room.
- Thoroughly clean the room.
- Wash out garbage can and recycling bin.
- Brooms, vacuums, and mops are available to all students at the front desk (with a LuteCard or Driver’s License).
- Wipe down all surfaces.
Prior to Check Out
- Lock the bedroom door (in multi-bedroom apartments in South Hall also lock the apartment entrance).
- Check their mailbox one last time for mail.
- Get an “Express Check-Out Envelope” from the main lobby.
- Follow the instructions on the envelope.
- Put all Residence Hall keys (room and mail) in the envelope.
- Sign and date the envelope.
- Seal the envelope and slide it under the door in the following location:
- Kreidler Hall … Mailroom (located west of the Front Desk).
- South Hall … Staff Office (located north of the Front Desk).
After students leave the hall, staff will go into the room and assess it for cleanliness, for damages to the room and furniture, to make sure all personal items have been removed, and that all issued University furnishings are in the room.
Students will be billed for any damages or missing items. Fines and charges will be billed to the student’s account. A complete list of charges is on the back of the student’s Room Condition Report (RCR) or in South Hall their Apartment Condition Report (ACR) that s/he filled-out when they checked into their room.