Checking out Spring 2021
- For additional information regarding moving out for Spring 2021, see Moving Out (updated 03.23.2021)
- Limit the number of people moving out at any given time
- No more than two Helpers per student will be permitted.
- On the day of arrival, each Designated Helper must complete and submit a paper copy of the PLU Visitor Health Attestation Form. Please print in advance and provide at check-out.
- Limit the time spent moving out
- Residents are expected to pack as much of their items while remaining in their room prior to loading vehicles to leave.
- The fewer trips made to and from the room/building the better.
- Limit additional points of contact
- Ability to store items in the halls depends on space availability and students’ plans for returning to on-campus housing. Check with hall staff for details for your residence hall.
- Access to mail and packages should be made prior to departing campus.
- Observe basic precautions
- Everyone moving out or helping must wear a face covering, during the entire process, whether inside or outside the building, and regardless of vaccination status.
- Wipe down any shared surfaces touched before or after the process – use your own disinfecting wipes or those provided.
Express Check-out Process
Prior to Check Out
- Reserve a move-out time slot in advance
- Remove all personal belongings from the room
- Return the room to its original layout, including placement and height of beds
- Make sure all University issued furnishings are in room
- Thoroughly clean the room
- Wash out garbage can and recycling bin
- Brooms, vacuums, and mops are available to all students at the front desk of each hall (must provide a LuteCard or Driver’s License)
- Wipe down all surfaces
After you are ready to leave your room
- Lock the room door
- Check mailbox one last time
- Get an “Express Check-Out Envelope” from the front desk of your hall
- Follow the instructions on the envelope
- Put all Residence Hall keys (room and mail) in the envelope
- Please do not put your LuteCard into the envelope
- Sign and date the envelope, include your name and PLU ID number
- Seal the envelope and slide it under the door in the following location:
- Staff Office (locations vary by Hall)
After students leave the hall, staff will go into the room and assess it for cleanliness, for damages to the room and furniture, to make sure all personal items have been removed, and that all issued University furnishings are in the room.