Fall 2021 Closing - PLU's traditional halls (except South Hall) close for Winter Break at 6:00 p.m. on December 17th, 2021.
Residents will be required to leave 24 hours after their last final exam
Here's what you need to do before you leave:
Residents room will be checked by staff after you leave to confirm safety and security standards are being met.
PLU policy violations found during these room checks will be documented.
- Refrigerator is defrosted, cleaned out, unplugged, and the door left ajar. Defrosting takes multiple hours. Please plan ahead by unplugging it the night before you depart. Placing a towel underneath helps soak up any water that may result from the defrosting
- All devices are unplugged from all outlets (including computer, TV, lights, aquariums, etc)
- Wastebaskets and recycling are empty
- All fish/pets should be taken with residents
- Heater turned down to 60 degrees (just to the left of the center)
Furniture must maintain an 18 inch clearance from the heater
- Windows are closed & locked. Blinds are closed
- Door is locked
- Check out sheets on the exterior of your door need to be signed as you leave
Coming back for J-Term?
Great! Leave your belongings in your room. You can move back in on January 2nd at 1:00 PM.
Coming back for Spring Semester?
Great! Leave your belongings in your room. You can move back in on February 6th at 1:00 PM.
Taking an online class or not around on campus for J Term?
Great! Leave your belongings in your room if you will be here for the spring semester.
Can I come back to my room during Winter Break if I plan to return for J-Term or Spring?
Nope! Please take anything you will need before leave. Your card access will not be on during the Winter Break so please plan accordingly.
What if I am staying the remainder of Fall 2021 and am not returning for J Term and Spring?
We’re sad to see you go, but we wish you luck! You need to fully check out of your room by Friday Dec 17th at 6:00 PM by turning in an Express Check Out Envelope or checking out with an Resident Assistant
What if I have a special circumstance that requires me to leave later than December 17th at 6:00 PM?
You will need to apply for Extended Stay or Winter Break Housing.
I’m going to either cancel my housing or study away for Spring. May I request to store items?
Sure! Call the RA on Duty to ask about specific times.