Department of Residential Life
Resident Director Position Description
Luke Ruiz, Resident Director for South and Kreidler Halls: “The RD role in an upper division community has been a wonderful learning opportunity and has also challenged me to address our students needs in the hall. I’ve been able to refine my budget skills, student hiring, training, and conduct hearings as well as supporting students as they conclude their college experience and transition out of the university. Engaging with upper division students has pushed me to think beyond the traditional first year experience, but has also brought a lot of purpose to my work in the hall.”
- Submit application, cover letter, resume and a list of three references to Jes Takla, Director of Residential Programs
- Complete online application through PLU Human Resources
Resident Director for South & Kreidler Halls
- Supervises 6 Community Assistants (CAs)
- Both halls are intentionally designed for upper-division students with the theme of “Transitioning to the Future”: South and Kreidler Halls are reserved for students who are 20 years of age or older (by September 1 for Fall Semester and February 1 for Spring Semester) or who have Junior (60 credits) or higher class standing. These Halls promote a more independent living experience, but also support students as they transition into post-collegiate life. Residential Life partners with Career Connections to develop an educational and support structure aimed at helping students transition to life after PLU.
- Kreidler is home to the Kreidler Community: The Kreidler Community is co-sponsored by the Diversity Center and located on upper campus in the Kreidler Hall first floor lounge. It also houses a commuter, transfer, veteran and junior/senior study space every day from 8:00am to 5:00pm and the CAs (both Community Assistants in Residential Life and Commuter Advocates with the Diversity Center) host a variety of programs weekly.
- South Hall is located on lower campus near: Columbia Center, Tingelstad, Pflueger, and Neeb Building (housing Division of Advancement and Marketing & Communications). Kreidler Hall is located on upper campus near: the Mortvedt Library, Hauge Administration Building (home to Admission, Student Services, Provost’s Office), Mary Baker Russell Music Center, Karen Hille Phillips Center for Performing Arts, and Ingram Hall (home to visual and fine arts classrooms, studios, and galleries).
- Both RD office and apartment are located in South Hall.