South Hall Housing Application Process
We are excited for your interest in South Hall! South Hall is PLU’s only non-traditional, apartment type, housing option available to students. Limited married student housing is available in South Hall. For more information you can contact the Department of Residential Life at email@example.com or 253-535-7200. Family housing is not currently an option at PLU.
South Hall applications for the 2021-22 academic year are due by 11:59pm (PST) on February 17, 2021. Applications received after that time will be considered in the order they are received and are not priority point eligible.
In order to live in South Hall students must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 20 years old or Junior standing by September 1st for academic year housing or February 1st for Spring housing
- Be in good standing with PLU Student Rights and Responsibilities
South Hall Application Process
- Review the South Hall Housing Guide.
- The South Hall Housing Guide is available online.
- Submit a Learning Community Application online:
- Upon completing your Learning Community Application, you will receive a copy of your submission via email. Save this email for your records.
- Applications received after the deadline will be considered in the date/time order they are received at the Department of Residential Life. NO Priority Points will count.
- Students applying for married housing should follow the steps above and then contact the Department of Residential Life for additional required forms at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-535-7200.
- Students who apply after the set deadline are still welcome to apply and may be placed on a waitlist until space becomes available.
South Hall Apartment Selection Timeline (Applying for 2021-2022)
February 17th (11:59 pm) – Applications Due*
Last week of February – Department of Residence Life staff will process applications and start making assignments based on priority points and eligibility – an email notification will be sent before the end of February to inform students of their status of apartment type and possible waitlist
1st Week of March – South Hall Apartment Assignment Notifications sent via PLU email
Mid-March – South Hall Apartment Assignments will be sent out – detailing the apartment number and room number
June 1st (11:59 pm) – South Hall Fall Cancellation Deadline (rates variable)
Students who wish to cancel their South Hall Fall assignment must submit a housing cancellation form prior to this date or receive a fee
*Students who are interested in South Hall and apply after the deadline will be placed on a waitlist until space becomes available.