Department of Residential Life
Summer Housing Options
If you are planning on studying at PLU over the summer, it is not too soon to think about housing arrangements. Summer housing will be available to PLU students in one of our traditional residence halls with the option of a Double room (with a roommate) or a Single-Double room (no roommate). Summer Housing is managed by Conferences and Events. You can find information regarding rates and applications on their website.
Meal Plans are not available during the summer, but PLU does offers a variety of dining options. Please visit the Dining & Culinary Services website for additional information.
Advantage of Living On Campus During the Summer:
- Academic Access: Close to classrooms, faculty offices, library, study groups, etc.
- Safety & Security: Campus Safety and Residence Hall Staff are present 24 /7/365; all residence halls are card access controlled
- Furniture: All university residence halls are furnished with a bed, desk, chair, dresser, shelves, mirror, and closet
- Landlord: Our campus and Residence Hall staff are available to assist you in your living and learning experience
- Maintenance: PLU Facilities staff are present and/or on call 24/7/365
- No Lease: You only pay for what you use. If you are here for one term, you pay for one term of housing.
- Access to over 100 channels for no additional cost
- Wireless internet access available in all halls
- Restrooms, kitchens, & other common areas maintained by custodial staff
- On site laundry facilities in each residence hall
Fresh Fridays on Garfield Street: Friday from 3pm – 6pm
Summer Activities In the Area: Travel Tacoma Events Page
PLU Summer Fruit Festivals: The PLU Fruit Festivals are a lunchtime concert series featuring summer fruit desserts and live music. Bring a picnic and your favorite people and relax for lunch! Everyone is invited. Concerts take place from 11:30am-1:00pm and will be held mid-June, mid-July, & mid-August.