About the Outdoor Recreation Community
Exploration, Adventure and Care for the Earth.
The Outdoor Recreation community promotes engagement and exploration with the outdoor environment. The community emphasizes the seven Leave No Trace Principles to ensure residents within the community have a deeper understanding and appreciation for the outdoor environment. This community is for students who have a passion and/or interest for the outdoors and recreational activities.
Great for Students Who...
- Are currently or want to be involved with the Outdoor Rec program, located in the Columbia Center
- Are interested in engaging with the outdoor environment and the unique opportunities to experience the PNW and the environment
- Have a passion and/or interest for the outdoors and recreational activities
Program + Learning Outcomes
By participating in the Outdoor Rec Community, students will:
- Engage with the outdoor environment to foster the development of self-identity
- Be involved in discussions, programs, and leadership development related to outdoor recreation
Examine the PLU mission of DJS to cultivate a deep sense of wonder and belonging while learning to be good stewards of the earth
- Develop practical leadership skills related to outdoor recreation