Kreidler Hall Alcohol Policy
This policy permits alcoholic beverages in a resident room, if the Kreidler resident is at least 21 years old AND takes the Kreidler Hall Alcohol Module. Email your Resident Director if you have any questions!
More information in regards to the policy is below:
Alcoholic Beverages – Alcohol possession and use is permitted in Kreidler Hall under the following guidelines. The following policy has been established in recognition of, and coordination with, Washington State law and PLU’s university policy on Alcoholic Beverages.
1. Possession of an open container of alcohol and/or consumption of alcohol in Kreidler Hall common areas (hallways, lounges, etc.) is prohibited.
2. Alcoholic beverages are only permitted in Kreidler Hall common areas as they are being transported to a resident room where alcohol is permitted.
3. Possession and/or consumption of alcohol in a resident room is permitted if the assigned resident is 21 years of age or older.
4. In resident rooms where alcohol is permitted, all guests present when alcohol is open must be 21 years of age or older.
5. Prior to permitting alcoholic beverages in a resident room, the assigned resident must complete an online alcohol education session provided by residence hall staff. This requirement must be fulfilled prior to each academic year for continued residence.
6. Activities and devices facilitating or promoting excessive consumption of alcohol, including but not limited to: drinking games, funnels, beer bongs, common-source containers (kegs, pony kegs, party balls, etc.), are prohibited.
7. This policy is intended to allow for personal, responsible use; therefore, the possession of large quantities of alcohol is prohibited, including, but not limited to: multiple cases of beer, wine or liquor, and stocked bars.
Reported violation of this policy will result in a referral to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities. Students found responsible for violating this policy will face the possible sanctions including loss of privilege and possible removal from University housing. Students who choose to consume alcohol under the terms of this policy are solely responsible for any consequences that may occur as a result. PLU disclaims any responsibility for actions or consequences resulting from individual alcohol consumption regardless of whether consumption is in accordance with or violation of this policy.