Department of Residential Life

Room Selection Process

These instructions are for students who currently live on campus or are returning for another year.  For newly admitted students the new student housing application is available online through the Office of Admission:

How To Apply To Live On-Campus for 2015-2016

1.  Apply for a Single room, Hinderlie, Hong, SAL and Gender Neutral Housing.  Applications due by 5:00pm, Thursday, March 26th.

2. Submit the Master Housing & Meal Agreement.  Due at 5:00pm (PST) on Tuesday, March 31st.

3.  Read your email on Thursday, April 2nd.  This email will provide your estimated time slot to attend the Room Selection Event.

4.  Attend the Room Selection Event.  Tuesday, April 7th and Wednesday, April 8th in CK West.  Bring ID card, roommate, and Proxy Form (if applicable).


March 26th at 5:00pm – Single Room, Hinderlie, Hong, SAL and Gender Neutral Housing Applications Due

Anyone interested in a Single room, Hinderlie, Hong, SAL or Gender Neutral Housing must apply using the online application.  This includes Kreidler applicants.  Only apply for a single room or hall(s) you want to live in.  Single room assignments will be made in Priority Point order. Anyone interested in living on a mixed gender wing with a gender neutral bathroom must apply using the online application.

March 31st at 5:00pm – Master Housing & Meal Agreement Due

Housing Agreements must be submitted by 5:00pm (PST), March 31st.  Students who submit a late Agreement cannot participate on the 7th & 8th, unless they are applying with a roommate who did sign their Master Housing Agreement on time.  All late students can sign-up on Thursday, April 9th and 10th in AUC 161 (after 12:00pm) – first come first serve.

April 2nd – Email Notifications Sent

Students who signed their Master Housing & Meal Agreement on time will receive an email from Residential Life with their assigned time slot.

April 7th & 8th- Room Selection Event- University Center- CK West

All assignments are made in priority point order.  Please attend during your assigned time slot.

  • Tuesday, April 7th from 4:00  – 6:30pm – Returning to the same hall, Single room assignments, and Foss residents.
  • Wednesday, April 8th from 4:00-6:00pm –  Switching residence halls.

If students cannot attend during their time slot, arrange to have a proxy sign up for you.

Additional Information:

Late Agreements: Students who do not sign their Agreements on time can still be assigned housing if they have someone who will “bring them in” as a roommate.  All remaining late Agreements will have an opportunity to apply for housing after 12:00 pm on Thursday, April 9th and 10th in the Residential Life Office (AUC 161).

Single Rooms: Students must apply for a Single or Single-Double room before 5:00pm (PST) on Thursday, March 26th.

Holds: Students with a hold on their student account must resolve the hold prior to applying for a room. Log into Banner Web to check for holds. If you have a hold, review Student Services website.

Roommates: Both roommates must attend together. Go during the earliest roommate’s timeslot.  Roommate disclaimer – If you do not find a roommate, one will be assigned to you.

Proxy Forms: Students who cannot attend the Housing Selection Event (due to class, work or study away) should find a Proxy. If you plan to live with a student who cannot attend you should have them complete the Proxy form.

Hong, Hinderlie & SAL:  Applications are required for these communities and are due Thursday, March 26th.  Contact the Hong, Hinderlie or Stuen Resident Director for more information.

Gender Neutral Housing: Applications are required for these wings and are due Tuesday, March 26th.  Contact Residential Life for more information.

Roommate Questionnaires: Submit a new Roommate Questionnaire, even if you are applying with a mutually requested roommate or for a Single room.

Need For Special Housing: Students with special housing needs must complete a Need for Special Housing Application. This form is not yet available for the 2015-16 school year, but should be similar the the one you can see here. Contact the Residential Life Office for more information.

Uncertain Housing Plans:  Students still determining their plans for Fall 2015 should sign the Master Housing & Meal Agreement and contact the Office of Residence Life.

Questions or Concerns: Students with a special situation or concern should contact the Office of Residential Life in University Center 161, at 253-535-7200 or at