1: Skip to content 2: Skip to navigation

Room Selection Process 2019-20

Room Selection Process

These instructions are for current students who are interested in living on campus next year. For newly admitted students the new student housing application is available online through the Office of Admission: www.plu.edu/bealute.

How To Apply To Live On-Campus for 2019-20

1.  Apply for a Single room, Hinderlie, Hong, DJS communities in Stuen, Gender Inclusive Housing, Wellness House and/or the STEM community.  Applications due Thursday, March 21st (11:59pm PST).

2. Submit the Master Housing & Meal Agreement.  Due Thursday, March 21st (11:59pm PST).

3.  Read your email on Friday, March 29th.  This email will provide your estimated time slot to attend the Room Selection Event.

4.  Attend the Room Selection Event.  Wednesday, April 3rd or Thursday, April 4th in CK East.  Bring ID card, roommate, and Proxy Form (if applicable).


March 21 – Single Room, Hinderlie, Hong, DJS Community, Wellness House, STEM House, and Gender Inclusive Housing Applications Due

Anyone interested in a Single room, Hinderlie, Hong, DJS Community, Wellness House, STEM House, or Gender Inclusive Housing must apply using the online application.  This includes Kreidler applicants.  Only apply for a single room or hall(s) you want to live in.  Single room assignments will be made in Priority Point order.

March 21 – Master Housing & Meal Agreement Due

Housing Agreements must be submitted by 11:59pm (PST) on Thursday, March 21st.  Students who submit a late Agreement cannot participate on the 3rd & 4th, unless they are applying with a roommate who did sign their Master Housing Agreement on time.  All late students can sign-up on Friday, April 5th and Monday, April 8th in AUC 161 (after 12:00pm) – first come first serve.

March 29th – Email Notifications Sent

Students who signed their Master Housing & Meal Agreement on time will receive an email from Residential Life with their assigned time slot. Assigned times will be between 4:00-6:30pm on April 3 or April 4.

April 3rd & 4th – Room Selection Event – University Center – CK East

All assignments are made in priority point order.  Please attend during your assigned time slot, or arrange for a proxy.

If students cannot attend during their time slot, arrange to have a proxy sign up for you.

Additional Information:

Late Agreements: Students who do not sign their Agreements on time can still be assigned housing if they have someone who will “bring them in” as a roommate.  All remaining late Agreements will have an opportunity to apply for housing after 12:00 pm on Friday, April 5th and Monday, April 8th in the Residential Life Office (AUC 161).

Single Rooms: Students must apply for a Single or Single-Double room before 11:59pm (PST) on Thursday, March 21st.

Holds: Students with a hold on their student account must resolve the hold prior to applying for a room. Log into Banner Web to check for holds. If you have a hold, review Student Financial Services website.

Roommates: Both roommates must attend together. Go during the earliest roommate’s timeslot.  Roommate disclaimer – If you do not find a roommate, one will be assigned to you.

Proxy Forms: Students who cannot attend the Housing Selection Event (due to class, work or study away) should find a Proxy. If you plan to live with a student who cannot attend you should have them complete the Proxy form.

Hong, Hinderlie, Wellness House, STEM House, Gender Inclusive Housing, and Diversity, Justice & Sustainability Applications:  Applications are required for these communities and are due March 21st.  Contact the Hong, Hinderlie, Stuen or Tingelstad Community Director for more information.

Roommate Questionnaires: Submit a new Roommate Questionnaire, even if you are applying with a mutually requested roommate or for a single room.

Need For Special Housing: Students with special housing needs must complete a Need for Special Housing Application and if part of the request includes a single room accommodation a Single Room Application should also be submitted. Contact the Residential Life Office for more information.

Uncertain Housing Plans:  Students still determining their plans for Fall 2019 should sign the Master Housing & Meal Agreement and contact the Office of Residence Life.

Questions or Concerns: Students with a special situation or concern should contact the Office of Residential Life in University Center 161, at 253-535-7200 or at rlif@plu.edu.