- M.Ed., Higher Education, University of North Dakota, 2016
- B.A., Organizational Communication, North Central College, 2014
- Supervise the South and Pflueger Resident Assistants
- Oversee the Upper Division learning community in South Hall
- NWACUHO Annual Conference, CAREfully Designed Teams: Deconstructing Bias and Creating Inclusionary RA Selection Practices, Victoria, BC, Canada (February 2018)
- NASPA IV-West Annual Conference, Practicing What We Preach: A Look Into Graduate Student Organizations, Beaver Creek, Colorado (November 2015)
- GLACURH Annual Conference, Let’s Duke It Out: Conflict Management Between Student Organization Officers, Windsor, Ontario (November 2012)
- NASPA (National Association of College Student Personnel Administrators)
- ACUHO-I (Association of College & University Officers - International)
Dan is in his third year at PLU and his fourth year of working as a Community Director. He was born and raised just outside of Chicago, where he completed his undergraduate degree before heading to North Dakota for Graduate School. After spending some time in Wichita, Kansas, Dan made his way to his current home in Tacoma!
During his Master’s program, Dan spent much of his research on Upper Division students and the life/financial skills they need to learn before they graduate. This is complimented by his undergraduate thesis research into efficient and effective group work and mentoring within organizations.
When he has free time, Dan enjoys traveling, going to concerts, discovering new music, and exploring all that the PNW has to offer! Between sightseeing at Mt. Rainier, exploring local beaches, or finding a new local coffee shop, Dan enjoys exploring the Tacoma area as much as possible.