- MA, Higher Education, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, 2017
- BA, Biology w/ a Minor in Environmental Studies, St. Olaf College, 2012
- Community Director of Tingelstad Hall
- Coordinate the operations of Tingelstad Hall
- Supervise the 16 Tingelstad RAs and 1 Graduate Assistant
- Advise the Tingelstad RHC
- Oversee the two Learning Communities in Tingelstad
- NASPA (National Association of College Student Personnel Administrators) , (2019 - Present)
- NASPA Gender & Sexuality Knowledge Community Region V Representative , (2019 - Present)
Zac Rakke was born and raised in St. Cloud, Minnesota on the banks of the Mississippi River. He attended St. Olaf College for his undergrad, where he studied biology and environmental studies, but really spent most of his time being an RA, serving on Student Senate, building community around local food systems, and running environmental organizations on campus.
After coaching cross country and serving in AmeriCorps he ended up in Minneapolis at the University of Minnesota, where he ran an academic department and earned his MA in Higher Education. Despite working full time and going to school full time he found plenty of opportunities to cook with friends, bike all over the city and its suburbs, and go to concerts every week.
Most recently, he was working as a Residence Director at the University of Minnesota, Duluth on the mighty Lake Superior. He was thrilled to be able to bring his many years of higher education experience to PLU and has enjoyed his first 6 months getting to know the students, his role, PLU, and Tacoma. He is deeply interested in sustainability, environmental justice, leadership development, student activism, science fiction, and spending as much time outside (in the woods preferably) as possible!