Out-of-state travel for PLU business or sponsored activities is currently prohibited. This includes student travel, international travel, and travel via airlines.
Students should travel only when necessary. Limiting exposure is an important risk mitigation measure, both for the campus and for the residents of our home communities.
If you travel outside of Washington, we require students who live on campus or student who visit campus for any reason to self-quarantine for 14 days or a combination of quarantine-test-quarantine (QTQ). Steps for post-travel QTQ:
- Connect with the PLU Quarantine & Isolation Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253.535.7450.
- Self-quarantine for three days
- Test for COVID-19 with one of the sites listed by the Tacoma–Pierce County Health Department or at one of the PLU proactive community testing dates
- Self-quarantine again until you receive your test results
- If your results are negative, no further self-quarantine is necessary
- If your results are positive, please contact the PLU Health Center
Check here for information about the differences between self-quarantine and self-isolation.