The following requirements for visitors/guests on campus are in effect while Pierce County is in Phase 2 or 3 of the State of Washington’s phased reopening model. Should Pierce County enter either Phase 1 or Phase 4, the University will follow local and state guidelines. The university will not hold events with large numbers of visitors (athletics, performing arts, Admission, etc.) in Fall 2020 unless Pierce County enters Phase 3 and state and local guidelines allow for large gatherings.
Per the State of Washington’s Campus Reopening Guide, PLU is asking visitors to “self-certify that they have experienced no COVID-19” symptoms since their last visit to campus. This requirement serves the purpose of ensuring that all campus community members remain vigilant of their health in order to avoid the possible transmission of COVID-19 onto our campus. Download the Visitor Health Attestation Form.
A visitor is defined as someone that is not a currently enrolled student or currently employed faculty and/or staff member at PLU.
Categories of visitors:
Allowed: Visitors will have normal access to campus as needed. Campus departments bringing these guests should have a formal tracking system in place to track who and when a visitor is coming to campus. Visitors will need to comply with check-in policies, mask wearing, and other university policies. Visitors in this category includes:
- First Responders
- Food/Vendor Deliveries (food suppliers, mail services, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, etc.)
- Maintenance and repair contractors
Limited Indoor: Visitors will still be allowed limited access to the inside of campus buildings for scheduled visits to campus. Visitors in the categories listed below will need to complete a health attestation, and comply with mask wearing, physical distancing and other university policies. Sponsoring department must maintain a visitor log.
- Admission visitors for campus tours (including athletic and School of Arts & Communication recruits)
- Max 5 people at a time
- Employee candidate interviews on campus in consultation with Human Resources
- Student family members/support guests for Move-in Days only (limited to 2)
- Individuals visiting campus who receive advance approval from the Vice President of their division
Limited Outdoor: Visitors will be allowed outdoors only. Visitors in the categories listed below will need to comply with mask wearing, physical distancing and other university policies.
- Visiting family members (must remain outdoors)
- Guests for outdoor sporting events where social distancing can be maintained (in accordance with NCAA, state and local guidelines)
- Visiting athletic teams where social distancing can be maintained (in accordance with NCAA, state and local guidelines)
Prohibited: Visitors will be discouraged from visiting campus, and will be completely prohibited from entering the inside of campus buildings. This includes:
- Someone visiting for recreation or a social activity (indoors prohibited)
- Walk-In community members and alumni members (indoors prohibited)
- Guests in Residential Halls (with the exception of move-in days)
- Guests to campus to visit classrooms or clubs/organizations
- Any social/recruitment events over 5 non-PLU people throughout fall for any/all areas
- Recruiters (i.e. people/companies who want to set up table in UC)