Under Phase 2: Travel out-of-state for PLU business or sponsored activities is prohibited. This includes student travel, international travel, and travel via airlines.
Employees should travel only when necessary. Limiting exposure is an important risk mitigation measure, both for the campus and for the residents of our home communities.
If you travel outside of Washington, PLU requires a 14-day self-quarantine OR a combination of quarantine-test-quarantine (QTQ). Steps for QTQ:
- Self-quarantine for three days
- Test for COVID-19 with one of the sites listed by the Tacoma–Pierce County Health Department or at one of the PLU proactive community testing dates
- Self-quarantine again until you receive your test results
- If your results are negative, no further self-quarantine is necessary
- If your results are positive, please contact your health provider
*Testing may be limited due to current demand. If you cannot secure a test, consult with your supervisor on your plans to self-quarantine.
NOTE: If your position is defined by the CDC as critical infrastructure (positions in the Business Office, Campus Restaurants, Campus Safety, Facilities Management, Information & Technology Services, The Health Center, Marketing & Communications, and Residential Life may qualify) and you do not have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, then you may be permitted to continue to work. Supervisors should contact the COVID-19 site supervisor (Teri Phillips, firstname.lastname@example.org) for a determination.