School of Arts and Communication
Join us May 27, 2016!
12:30pm – 2:30pm
SOAC graduates are invited to join us Friday, May 27, 2016, for a School of Arts and Communication celebration with the departments of Art & Design, Music, and Communication & Theatre. The SOAC Recognition Ceremony and Reception recognizes and celebrates students in the School of Arts and Communication, both majors and minors, across our various disciplines (Art & Design, Communication & Theatre, and Music – including music education majors entering their student-teaching semester).
Highlights of the day include:
- The Dean’s Award for Excellence is presented to select students
- Dean Cameron Bennett gives an address and area chairs offer remarks
- Graduating SOAC majors are invited on stage, by department, to be recognized
- Awards are presented by select departments
- Majors are corded and pinned (a tri-colored cord is placed around everyone’s neck and a pin with the SOAC rune is given to each student)
- Minors are recognized
- The reception is the perfect time for faculty and students to reminisce, and for parents to meet friends and faculty
- Light refreshments are provided
Take a look back on the last four years and learn what our students have in store for after graduation.
What's the dress code?
There is no official dress code, but many choose to dress up and make a day of it!
Where do I sit?
Please feel free to sit with your family as majors will be called on stage by department.
I can't attend, can I still get my cord and pin?
Yes, you may! Stop by the SOAC office (Ingram 101) and see Beth. She will get you all set up. The office is open Monday – Friday, 8am-noon and 1pm-4pm, so plan accordingly.
Can't make it?
Watch the recognition ceremony live right here! The video will begin a few minutes before 12:30pm on May 27, 2016.