SOAC recognizes graduates May 22
Dean to present inaugural ``Dean's Awards for Excellence``
The School of Arts and Communication will celebrate graduating majors and minors at a Recognition Ceremony and Reception, Friday, May 22, 2015. The event celebrates graduates from across our various disciplines Art & Design, Communication & Theatre, and Music.
This year we are excited to present the inaugural Dean’s Awards for Excellence, which will be awarded to between 5 and 10 extraordinary graduating students. These award winners will not be previously identified. The SOAC Recognition Ceremony is the only occasion to hear the announcement of award recipients.
Here's a few highlights of the day:
- Dean Cameron Bennett gives an address and all area Chairs offer remarks
- All graduating SOAC majors are brought on stage, by department, to be recognized
- All majors are corded (a tri-colored cord is placed around everyone’s neck)
- All majors are pinned (a small, round pin with the SOAC rune is given to each student)
- All minors are recognized
- The Dean’s Awards for Excellence are announced
- Awards are presented by select departments
- Light refreshments are provided at a post-ceremony reception, and students are encouraged to spend time connecting with friends, family and faculty.
Recognition Ceremony | 12:30 p.m. | Eastvold Auditorium, KHP
SOAC Reception | 1:30 p.m. | Gallery Lobby, KHP