By Kate Williams '16
The School of Arts and Communication will celebrate graduating majors and minors at a Recognition Ceremony and Reception, Friday, May 24, 2019. The ceremony will take place from 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. in the Eastvold Auditorium in Karen Hille Phillips Center for the Arts. The event celebrates graduates from across our various disciplines in Art & Design, Communication, Music, and Theatre & Dance. Also, the Dean’s Awards for Excellence are announced and presented to between 5-10 extraordinary graduating students.
Below are a few highlights of the event:
- The Dean’s Award for Excellence is presented to select students
- Dean Cameron Bennett gives an address and area chairs offer remarks
- Graduating SOAC majors are brought on stage, by department, to be recognized
- Awards are presented by select departments
- Majors are corded and pinned (a tri-colored cord and a pin with the SOAC rune are given to each student)
- Minors are recognized
- During the reception, faculty and students can connect and introduce family and friends
- Light refreshments are provided
RSVP’s for the ceremony will remain open until May 3, 2019. RSVP here.