PLU’s School of Arts and Communication is pleased to announce that our annual Recognition Ceremony will occur on Friday, May 28th at 3:00 pm in-person in Eastvold Auditorium, Karen Hille Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. Due to the Healthy Washington Guidelines and the PLU Visitor’s Policy, attendees will be limited to graduating SOAC majors only. The event will be streamed live for those not able to attend in person, including all the family and friends of 2021 graduating seniors.
The SOAC Recognition Ceremony recognizes and celebrates majors in the School of Arts and Communication across our various disciplines: Art & Design, Communication, Music, and Theatre & Dance—including music education majors entering their student-teaching semester in Fall 2021.
Highlights of the ceremony include:
- The Dean’s Award for Excellence is presented to select students
- Dean Cameron Bennett gives an address and area chairs offer remarks
- Graduating SOAC majors are recognized
- Awards are presented by select departments
- Majors will receive a SOAC cord and pin
Add the event to your calendar using the widgets on the PLU Calendar.