Looking for fun virtual activities?
Need a break from classes?
A few moments to de-stress?
Check out links below to destress, explore, listen, and more.
Curated Collections by the Campus Life Engage Ambassadors
- Take a Virtual Tour of Tacoma Underground
- Bainbridge Island Museum of Art
- Travel Tacoma
- Tacoma Arts & Culture,
- Virtual field trips to Mars, Yellowstone National Park, San Diego Zoo, The Louvre, and more!
- Explore different famous museums like Guggenheim, National Gallery Art, and more!
- Interactive National Constitution Center
- Discover the world by visiting the Blarney Castle, Cliffs of Moher, Hawai’i Volcanoes National Parks, and more
- Access to more than 12 million academic journal articles, books, and primary sources
Entertainment, Arts, & DIY
- Step-by-step doodle time!
- Coloring books, 100 museums art collections
- Online art classes (15-20 minute sessions)
- Broadway plays & musicals you can watch from home
- Already have Netflix? If so you can enjoy movies with friends/family anywhere with Netflix Party
- Journaling or Photo Journaling! We are living during unprecedented times. Journaling is a great outlet to capture the emotions and changes that are happening.
- Learn a new recipe with one of the many virtual cooking classes being offered online.
Virtual Community Service
Virtual service is a type of volunteerism that allows you to share your time and talents as members through service away from any physical site of an organization or project.
- Parkland Literacy Center: volunteer to support students from the surrounding PLU community by providing youth assistance with their studies.
- Be My Eyes: Be of service to those who are visually impaired through FaceTime.
- Charity Miles: Earn money for the charity of your choice by walking.
- School in the Cloud: Provide guidance and inspiration for children abroad.
- Trivia: Answer questions to donate rice to people in need.
- DoSomething.org: All you need to make a difference is an internet connection.
Development & Networking
Health & Wellness
There is a lot going on in the world. Take a moment to breathe, re-center yourself, and/or be active.
Outdoor & Nature
With proper physical distancing practices, you can take a break from indoor spaces. Whether you are on the PLU campus, in WA state, or your home state, these ideas will motivate you to go outside.
- Hikes in Tacoma – Did you know that the Pacific Northwest is one of the top hiking destinations? Check out the Top Ten hiking trails.
- Biking in Tacoma – Want to ride your bike? Here are some Pierce County biking routes. Not in WA? Find a biking trail near you.
- Birdwatching – Download Merlin Bird ID free app from the Lab of Ornithology and enjoy the spring bird migration.
- Stargazing – Have you looked up at the sky lately? These free stargazing apps can turn any night sky (even from inside) into a spectacular show of constellations.
Studies show time in nature decreases stress and anxiety.
Listen to Music & Stream Concerts
- Check the PLU Campus Event Calendar for many events happening by student organizations, departments, and offices! It will be constantly updating as groups add their events. Also don’t forget to add your events and use the #distanceengagement.
- Follow @plucampuslife on Instagram — we are spotlighting student orgs and past events, as well as advertising virtual events!