- B.F.A., Photography & Fiber Material Studies, School of the Art Institute Chicago
- M.A., College Student Personnel, Bowling Green State University
- Living the learning: It starts with TLC (themed learning communities). The Sounding: The Official NWACUHO Newsletter, 24-25. 2013
- NASPA Small Colleges and Universities Division, It takes a village: Storytelling as a marketing tool (Featured Program), New Orleans, LA (March 2015)
- ACPA Exceptional Practices Program presented at 2015 ACPA Annual Convention, It takes a village: Storytelling as a marketing tool, Tampa, FL (March 2015)
- Washington Higher Education Sustainability Conference, unPLUg, Bellingham, WA (February 2014)
- PACURH Annual Conference, unPLUg, Spokane, WA (November 2013)
Jes joined the Residential Life Staff as the Director of Residential Programs in 2013. She grew up in a Navy family and has lived many places, including Virginia, Hawaii, Florida, Spain, Chicago, Ohio and the Pacific Northwest. Jes is excited to be at PLU because she loves working with learning communities and having conversations around identity, vocation and purpose. Outside of work, Jes enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and dog and exploring the many cultural and arts opportunities the Pacific Northwest has to offer.