Nominate for Student Leadership Award 2016
If you are unsure whether or not a student is academically eligible for an award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify.
Pinnacle Society and Ubuntu Award
Letters of recommendation will serve as the determining factor in evaluating the applications for Pinnacle Society and Ubuntu Award for the 2015-2016 academic year. Our review of the applicant’s file cannot begin until your letter is received, so we thank you in advance for your prompt and thoughtful comments on the applicant’s qualifications.
In your one page letter of recommendation please provide specific examples addressing the following prompt:
Using no more than 3 Integrative Learning Objectives (see below) as a framework to describe academic excellence and exceptional leadership, how has the student demonstrated sustained, exceptional leadership and service AND a commitment to academic excellence and inquiry while at PLU?
- Critical reflection is the process of analyzing, reconsidering, and questioning experiences within a broad context of issues.
- Expression is the act of conveying or representing in words, art, music, or movement a manifestation of one’s thoughts or dispositions.
- Valuing is the ability to identify personal values, beliefs, attitudes, and emotions, and act in congruence with those.
- Interaction with others is the ability to establish collaborative relationships with others towards a common purpose.
- Multiple frameworks is expanding one’s perspective to include different cultural worldviews that allow smooth transition from one view to another.
Leader of Distinction Award
Completion of the short nomination form will serve as the determining factor in evaluating applications for Leader of Distinction for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Primary question to be answered in the form:
Please describe the accomplishments and contributions of the student’s leadership development as it relates to embodying the pillars of the PLU mission statement – leadership, service, inquiry, and care – for others, for the community, and for the earth. Additionally, please highlight examples showing the student’s potential for future leadership contributions on campus and within the greater community.