How To Reach Student Financial Services
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 9-12 and 1-4
- The office is open for unscheduled walk-in appointments during the days and hours listed above.
- You can reach us by email or phone Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm.
- We will get back to you as soon as possible after looking into your inquiry. We answer emails and voicemails in the order they were received. We ask that you reach us through one method of contact, as our response can be delayed if we receive duplicate inquiries.
Live Chat for quick questions
- Live Chat and Zoom are available on the following days and times:
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9-12 and 1-3:30
- Wednesday: 10-12 and 1-3:30
- For security purposes, please access Live Chat through your PLU email account. For privacy reasons, we can only meet with one student or family at a time in Zoom. Others will be placed in a waiting room until it is their turn.
Responding to Our Emails
Much of the daily activities in Student Financial Services are focused on:
1.) Correcting FAFSA/WASFA errors or removing barriers that prevent students from successfully completing their aid application each year,
2.) Removing barriers that prevent aid funds from paying on students’ owing balances.
Therefore, when we send you an email (our primary mode of communication), it is almost always to remove these barriers. To speed up this process (and mitigate possible aggravation), we also attempt to include everything needed in our first email, rather than sending you multiple emails, requesting something new or different each time. You can speed up this process by reading through the entire email and responding fully and as quickly as you can. If your response requires getting a document to us, please see delivery options on our documents webpage. If you have a question even before we’ve reached out to you, we recommend the following:
Almost every situation or circumstance you might encounter has likely been asked about before. You may find the answer to your questions 24/7 by clicking on and searching through our FAQ’s, which are grouped together by topic.
Visit our “How To” video library to see if your question has been asked often enough that warranted creating a video response.
If you don’t find the information you seek or have additional questions after reading through the FAQ’s or viewing our videos, feel free to contact us using the options found under “Contacting Us” on the left side of every SFS homepage.